A woman is walking along the street, her attire catches everybody’s eyes: she is clothed in the latest fashion. She draws everybody’s attention, including yours, not only with her toilet, but also with conscious brilliance. Are you delighted? Are you resentful?
Vainly! In fact, her appearance – is definitely an evidence of her deep inner complexes. There is a science “psychology of clothing”, in which the concept “fashion victim” – will not be a well known phrase, but a clinical diagnosis. Orientation exceptionally on the last word in fashion – is really a sign of heightened hypochondria, a woman’s psychological dependence on other people’s opinion, uncultivated self-respect.
According to psychologists, a man, whose costume is incredibly considered (no matter which one, even a skiing one), often tries to hide his colossal diffidence and prove his value, attract attention and quite often to ensure his superiority through the help of some attire.
All-sufficient, steady people with various interests usually dress yourself in rather simple way, not revealing, and interest in new trends reasonably, not hunting for new labels. They believe quite comfortable wearing as old jeans, being an evening toilet (usually, rather reserved).
Moreover, to psychologists’ opinion, one can discern some certain form of self-consciousness behind each style.
1. Classic style. Its main feature – are moderation and traditional nature together with fashionable trends without carrying to extremes. Quite self-confident people, that do not feel any heightened necessity to prove their magnitude to other people, moreover using Grunge Clothing, keep to this particular style.
2. Sporty style. Prominent organization men, bankers as well as other rich men, who always used a style “costume-cravat”, suddenly began sweeping away jogging shoes, sporting cloth, rucksacks or sportive bags from counters. Yes, needless to say, today a sense of youthful appearance and healthy way of living has seized a strong hold on our minds, but this does not mean each one of these people went set for sport or invigoration. This cloth was a standard not merely for exercising, but also for rest, vacation. A choose visible simplicity and liberation means striving of well-to-do sections to “complete with poor”, as psychologists consider.
3. Grunge style. A style of “shabby cloth” gave designers a great task! These are cutting off and out, ripping up, soaking cloth in chloric acid, pressing, imitating spots and patches knowingly – they do each one of these things only because a “grunge” style comes into fashion. Tattered pullovers, dresses, coming unraveled, dirty jeans can be bought in leading couturier’s shops and ordinary boutiques. This is a challenge to elegance, battle with stylishness, expensive refined cloths and impeccable seams. If earlier it absolutely was impossible to go out wearing the same dress more often than once, now “grunge” style praises scruffiness, as if it is saying: we have been wearing exactly the same cloth constantly!
Nevertheless, all of this crude “old” cloth surpasses all competitive prices. Some Levi’s models will cost more than 6 1000s of dollars! This trend, often causing associations with hippie from Beatles days, displays neglect to cloth along with a challenge to social inequality. However, psychologists consider that a design of “chic rubbish heap”, which bourgeoisie included in its arsenal, says about its self-destruction and can even be treated as asking forgiveness for sins – similarly to medieval monastic rags.
4. Exotic (ethnic) style. Hindu, Chinese, Arabian along with other oriental motives can be just a fashionable detail for starters people, as well as a completed style and manner of clothing for some individuals. Such choice testifies to one’s thirst for traveling, mental escape to exotic countries, where things are not so grey, like around. Exotic style, covered with bright national legends and traditions, says about one’s desire to live in a fairy-tale, escape from reality for some dream world. Nevertheless it can even be a sign of of culture, philosophy of some country, for example, Buddhism.
5. Military style. Khaki color, camouflage pattern, details, peculiar to military cloth, high heavy boots – some women do like this style. You might have not to become a psychologist to comprehend that this means escape from feminine, a desire to gain a foothold in these masculine qualities, like decisiveness and power. A clue to one’s passion for uniform (as well as for man’s style in general) should be searched in childhood, in too strict father’s upbringing, often military people, or fathers dreaming about son and bringing up daughters, like she was actually a boy…
6. Country style. Variegated skirt, loose blouse, decorated with patterns, laces or drawn-work, shoes without heels, simple beads, straw hat – they are features of natural, or country style. Simple, natural cloths and straightforward-minded, plain pelltn are typical for this. This style can become a sign of one’s nostalgia on country life or testify about one’s ecologic views. A straw hat and a chintz skirt are saying with one accord making use of their possessor: we are not synthetic, our company is natural!
7. “La Femme Fatal”. This style is everlasting, yet it is marked with fashionable attributes: high-heel shoes, skirt with cut, deep décolleté, strings and open-work stocking. A woman-temptress, a lady-vamp, oversteps the limits of elegant moderation venturesomely, and self-affirms, as an object of men’s lust. Strangely enough, the choice of this style fails to always mean a woman’s heightened sexuality. We can rather claim that such woman will not see every other advantages in herself, which could attract men’s awareness of her and cause their delight.