You’ve heard it all before: CBD fixes everything, THC might be useful to you, the paleo eating habits are out, keto is all the rage and vegan is going mainstream… but who do you believe and where does it end? While Hemp and CBD can be incredibly beneficial to a large range of various conditions, getting a grasp on it is bewildering. This article aims to debunk a few of the myths around our favourite plant-based oil and CBD while presenting real scientific evidence to make sure you understand the full advantages of each of these beautiful substances and exactly how therapeutically similar they are.
1. Skin Conditions – By far the most talked about similarities between hemp oil and CBD are their benefits towards different skin conditions. Hemp can improve blood degrees of essential fatty acids and right out from the box comes with an optimal ratio of three:1 omega-6 to omega-3. This study shows how hemp seed oil can reduce dryness and itchiness in humans which have dermatitis and lots of other studies demonstrate that it can help a wide range of conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
CBD features a positive effect on the skin and can reduce skin diseases, as can both CBD and CBG – extremely important to aid counteract skin diseases such as melanoma (an enormous symptom in sunshine-rich countries like Australia).
2. Menopause – A relatively well-known fact is that hemp seeds contain Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which produce prostaglandin E. Because of the high degrees of GLA in hemp seeds several studies show they may reduce various symptoms of menopause including helping reduce bone mineral density. Additionally, GLA could reduce inflammation and regulate hormone imbalances which are usually related to menopause.
Now, a little-known fact about CBD is it can assistance with a chronic characteristic of menopause – bone strength and density loss. Bone mineral density naturally starts to decrease during menopause and CBD does interact with a cannabinoid receptor, which can play a part in bone mineral density loss.
Another study observed a combination of cannabinoids, including CBD, accelerated the rate of bone healing and CBD was demonstrated to strengthen collagen tissues, assisting to reduce bone mineral density loss.
3. PMS – A vast number of women have problems with physical or emotional symptoms brought on by premenstrual syndrome or more well known as PMS. Nearly all these symptoms have already been associated with a sensitivity in the hormone prolactin. Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) as we know is found in hemp seeds, and creates a naturally occurring prostaglandin E1, reduces the results of prolactin. A report has demonstrated taking 210mg of GLA per day in a total of 1 gram of essential fatty acids resulted in a significant reduction in symptoms.
CBD is additionally very well noted for its relaxing benefits and is utilized by millions of people as a daily supplement to chill out effectively every day. One study shows CBD can reduce the overall amount of anxiety in a person in a stressful situation and it is well regarded to assist with a few other mental medical issues like addiction and paranoia.
4. Cardiovascular Disease – The main cause of death worldwide is heart disease, and both hemp and CBD are showing very promising results.
Hemp seeds contain very high levels of arginine, which is an protein that produces nitric oxide supplement in the body. Nitric Oxide Supplement makes your arteries dilate and relax, which results in lower blood pressure level and a reduced chance of cardiovascular disease.
New information has suggested that CBD can lower blood pressure level, and it comes with an associated lower stroke volume (amount of blood pumped from your heart per beat) and also at an increased rate. Researchers have suggested this could be because of the analgesic and anti-anxiety effects of CBD, and this may show the beneficial cardiovascular effects in relaxing bloodstream.
5. Pain – Many people tend not to know regarding the powerful outcomes of a small group of chemical molecules called terpenes. If you’re not really acquainted with the incredible benefits of cannabis terpenes, take at take a look at Cannabis Terpenes 101. When processed correctly, hemp oil can be extremely terpene rich, and those molecules have 1000s of potential uses which range from fighting cancer to reducing pain. What’s more, a mixture of terpenes can have promising results by working in synergy, which is called “the entourage effect”. Many research papers suggest that ?-caryophyllene is effective at reducing neuropathic pain in a CB2 receptor-dependent manner. This terpene is also found kjamgf cloves, black pepper and our new Ltd Ed Navy Strength Hemp Gin.
A report has confirmed that CBD was therapeutic for patients with neuropathic pain by getting together with alpha-3 glycine receptors to minimize inflammation and pain. By focusing on a G-protein coupled receptor called TRPV-1, CBD may also effectuate its properties indirectly. THC is also well documented for helping relieve certain types of pain.
While you can see, whilst both of these substances are closely related therapeutically, they may be unfortunately still very far apart in Australia with regards to the legalities of access as well as the knowledge that folks possess to use them correctly. Please go ahead and make contact with Dr David or comment below in case you have any more questions about CBD or Hemp.