The Internet has the capacity to level the playing field between small and big business pertaining to capturing market share. Search marketing – SEO, PPC and viral marketing is the most effective and most affordable approach to driving targeted traffic to a web site. Any type of business with a website can participate.
Trends in Search Engine Marketing. North American advertisers spent US $9.4 billion on search engine marketing in 2006. This represented a 62% increase over the prior year as well as an 750% increase from 2002. The reason behind this growth concerns the explosive development of the Internet worldwide – a trend which includes impacted every industry in each and every developed country, producing vast amounts of dollars in revenue for companies with a strong Internet presence.
Search Engine Optimization to increase Website Traffic. Search engine marketing (SEM) refers to listings and links to internet sites which can be produced on the pages of a search engine directory (like Google, Yahoo or MSN) when a keyword key word or phrase is entered. There are two kinds of results which can be produced. Listings at the very top and/or right column are sponsored comes from advertisers who pay every time someone clicks on their ad and visits their website. This is known as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. The biggest SEM vendors for sponsored searching are Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter.
The second form of search engine results are definitely the free organic listings which can be produced due to content and code on the web site that match criteria determined by the major search engines- essentially search engines like google search for keywords, relevant content, meta tags, alt tags, back-links and traffic flow. The process of getting website pages to fit these criteria is called search engine optimisation or SEO. The closer the web page matches the search engine’s criteria, the greater the ranking order for that website. If a website will not be found on the first or second page of search engine results, it really is unlikely to be found and bring about traffic. Numerous pages on a website may be optimized and discovered through the search engines. There are hundreds to thousands of search engines. Nearly all searches however come through Google, Yahoo and MSN. Each internet search engine uses different rules or algorithms for determining ranking order. These rules can and often do change over time. This is why it is an ongoing process to attain and sustain a great page ranking with SEO. When SEO incorporates a presence in forums, blogs, social networking sites, and multimedia directories, the end result is viral marketing – here is where traffic and results get very exciting!
Greatest Results Through SEO and Viral Marketing – A good SEO program will never just produce a high page ranking for keywords, it will also drive traffic from a particular target audience to web site pages from a number of sources. These could include links from relevant internet sites valued by the search engines, forums, blogs, social media sites, multimedia directories and internet based press announcements. The sum total of all this marketing produces a viral effect leading to high search engine results and explosive web site traffic.
17 critical components for SEO with viral marketing results:
1. Niche research and analysis to find out keywords that are searched in significant numbers and relevant to the web site’s target market.
2. Incorporating an XML site map in order that search engines like google can crawl the net site easily.
3. Incorporation of informative content-rich web pages to the existing web site based upon targeted keywords.
4. Defining keyword-rich Titles and Meta tags for each and every page in the web site to make every page search engine friendly.
5. Hand submitting the internet site to niche directories to obtain valuable one of many ways links.
6. Writing and developing keyword-rich articles focused on targeted keywords.
7. Making a blog for that internet site and submitting it to blog directories and blog search engine listings.
8. Submitting articles to leading E-zines and other informative sites to get one of the ways links along with relevant traffic for the website.
9. Exchanging links along with other relevant internet sites to boost backlinks for that website.
10. Participating in niche Blogs & Forums to obtain quality back-links and traffic.
11. Making a presence in Social Book marking sites.
12. Making a presence in Social networks.
13. Engaging in Video Sharing using video that showcases the web site’s mission, purpose, brand and unique selling position.
14. RSS feed creation and submission to numerous RSS directories.
15. Press release creation and submission.
16. Including powerful and effective marketing copy in every content developed for the SEO and viral marketing program.
17. Tracking of results and making modifications according to traffic patterns, lead generation results and sales conversion data.
A plain vanilla SEO program that optimizes webpages will produce limited results. I have personally seen companies charge big bucks and stuff keywords into pages that no person would read. They could get attention orgnls the major search engines but individuals will be off that site in a heartbeat. The end result is effective marketing copy in everything that is produced for the project.
Most SEO companies tend not to include most of these viral marketing concepts inside their program. By using this listing of criteria while shopping around for an organization to do your SEO will help you to get the most value for the investment you would spend. Done well and responsibly managed, SEO and viral marketing will be your most productive marketing investment.